STUDENT COUNCIL CONSTITUTION
APPLICATION PROCESS: For Class Council
- Must pass three subjects the previous semester (January 2016 report card).
- Cumulative GPA must be 1.5 or 2.0 previous semester.
- Must be in compliance with Wake County attendance Policy.
- Must return speeches/applications on time—you cannot run if your speech/application is late! Keep a copy of your speech as well.
- Each student running for class council must have teacher approval to run (if student is currently on council, all current advisors must approve candidate to run).
- Must be in a position to complete current hours requirement—will forfeit office if elected and hours are not met.
- Must attend the candidates’ meeting.
- Create only three posters--all must be appropriate (please do not tape to painted surfaces). Please do not tape over other posted announcements and clean up your posters after the election is over!
- May hand out campaign buttons with pins-no tape. No candy or food of any kind!!!
- Must deliver a 30-45 second speech (alone). No music or props are allowed. Be creative with your words. Do not wear blue or green clothing as it will not work in the taping studio.
- You are expected to run a fair campaign and be gracious to your opponents. Your attitude and cooperation will determine if your name will appear on the final ballot.
- Ballots are scanned by the executive advisor and reviewed by the principal. Results will be announced over the PA system by the current Student Body President.